Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Doing as I say

"Do as we say, and not as we do." - Giovanni Boccaccio

I was on the phone earlier today with a potential new client. He called me based on the referral of a colleague. After chatting a while, he confessed, "I almost didn't call you after checking out your blog." I gasped, "OH NO!"


Talk about a reality check. I preach about process. It's all about the process. Everything you do should be process driven. Your blog should drive people to your Facebook page and the Facebook page should drive people back to your blog.


Well that only works when you actually write in your blog. Yes, it's true. I have neglected writing in my blog. It has been months since I posted. Now I would have a fit if a client of mine had done this but I am guilty.

I've been busy.
I'm working on a new web site.
I have a lot going on.

There's no excuse. I work with professional speakers all over the country who spend all day training and still have time to network through Meetups, get out a newsletter, write a blog, post a LinkedIn discussion and comment on Facebook.

The process is what drives sales and clients. If you neglect the process, any part of the process, communication breakdown is inevitable. Why should a client trust me with the task of maintaining their social media if I neglect my own?

I am committed to the process for each and every client. I am now also committed to the process for myself. You will definitely be hearing from me again...soon.

No comments: