Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Swift Kick in the Marketing




Have you ever had one of those "aha" moments? A moment when you hear something that really reaches out and grabs you? Has one of those moments ever changed your business?

I recently attended the Bust Out speaker boot camp. I have seen many professional speakers in the last decade and am pre-programmed to critique. I found myself so engrossed in the presentations that I forgot to critique. There was a tremendous amount of marketing, technological improvements and product development information. I found myself agreeing with multiple points made by each of the key note speakers.

"You must be consistent." "You must be convenient and easy to find." "Content is king." "Get your name and message out to your potential audience on a regular basis." Yes, absolutely, a complete necessity........wait a minute. I'm not doing that for myself!

There it is. I constantly tell speakers to utilize social media, write a blog, pick up the phone and optimize email marketing. But I'm not. Why? Why wouldn't I take my own advice? Simple answer for a simple question is I should.

That was my "aha" moment and it comes to this. Time to practice what I preach. I got a swift kick in the marketing the moment I realized that all of my actions might not bring results but no actions will bring nothing.

Are you ready to take action?


No comments: